PJ Personnel are currently working alongside one of our clients in recruiting for an experienced Senior Engineer to work on a housing and apartment complex project based in County Galway. The company are one of Ireland’s fastest growing construction companies, specialising in various sectors within the multi disciplinary industry. They have a long term pipeline of work for the right candidates.
- Establish and maintain procedures with design team, client and subcontractors for information flow, approvals, meetings and reporting.
- Reporting to management team on the programme schedule and ensuring compliance with plans, specifications and building standards.
- Setting out using total station & GPS equipment.
- Undertaking surveys and ensuring engineering details are being followed on site.
- Supervising subcontractors and checking quality of works.
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors, quantity surveyors and other project stakeholders.
- Conduct document reviews, scheduling and attending site meetings to ensure overall compliance with building schedule.
- Reporting to the Project Manager and senior management team on all aspects of engineering to do with the project.
- Managing & providing training to Junior staff & Engineers
- Ensuring compliance with agreed construction methods particularly those relating to Quality Assurance and Health & Safety.
- Manage project close out including securing warranties, guarantees and acceptance of work, subcontract and vendor closing, including as built submissions.
- Prepares and submits reports and other site paperwork in a timely manner.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years in similar position.
- Engineering Degree required.
- Knowledge of construction techniques and be competent in all aspects of setting out, surveying, and temporary works.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills with good knowledge of MS office.
- A good understanding of Health & Safety requirements within Irish construction sites.
- Strong Management Skills
- Full Irish Driving licence
- Must be authorised to live and work in Ireland.
If you are interested in this role please contact Paul on 087 221 7545 to discuss further or alternatively you can apply with an up to date CV via the link provided.