We are currently working alongside a leading Irish Engineering Contractor in recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer based in Galway
Mechanical Engineering Lead Responsibilities
- In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Ensure the design management process is followed by either taking on the role directly or appointing an individual responsible for this role.
- Ensure the Commissioning lead process is followed by either taking on the role directly or appointing an individual responsible for this role.
- On-going monitoring of the project engineering process to ensure compliance and mentoring of the project engineers when required.
- Structured mentoring of the Graduate Engineer’s in line with plan agreed with Engineering Manager.
- Assist BUL in resolving any significant technical issues that cannot be resolved on site.
- Monthly progress reporting to the BUL and Engineering Manager.
- Assist BUL with recruiting of and appointing engineering support to individual projects.
- Technical review of Tenders when required, manage outsourcing of review on larger tenders.
- Attend Tender Interviews as required to promote technical capabilities.
- Highlight emerging technologies and technically and technically access innovative suggestions in the region.
Necessary requirement of the Mechanical Engineering Lead
- 3rd level qualification in Mechanical Engineering/Building Services Engineering
- Ideally the Mechanical Engineering Lead will possess 8+ years relevant experience of which 5+ years has been spent in a design/consultancy capacity in Ireland
- Data Centre and or pharmaceutical design experience will be advantageous
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Drives for results
- Leads and influences others.
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
If you feel that you have the required skill set and experience, then please send a full updated CV to [email protected] or you can call me on 087 448 4950