We are currently recruiting for a SHEQ Advisor for a leading Construction Contractor to be based in Tullamore, Co. Offaly
Duties and responsibilities
Effective Task Planning:
- Checking to ensure that Subcontractors are Prequalified prior to works commencing
- Checking to ensure detailed methodologies are in place for all works under company control to include Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Checking documentation for adequacy advise and assist project staff in the development and maintenance the Construction Phase and Project Quality Plans and H&S Files.
- Check for completion of Document Review Records.
- Checking Induction training is completed for all on site under company control
- Checking to ensure Task Specific Training is completed for all in the content of Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Check and collate all necessary statutory plant and training records
- Check to ensure Tool Box Talks are completed at least weekly by the site management team
- Coach and guide persons working on the project through the task specific Safe Plan of Action (SPA’s) required for all tasks
- Check to ensure the project Quality Plan is in place
- Check to ensure the Inspection & Test Plans disciplines are being implemented
Coordination & Management:
- Check to ensure that Pre-commencement Co-ordination meetings take place
- Partake in the daily White Board Meetings and issue guidance where required
- Attend and actively participate in site coordination meetings where required
- Attend and actively participate in company SLT meetings where required
Ownership & Leadership:
- Champion team leads to show their commitment through a safety speech given at site Induction training
- Complete necessary H&S training as required
- Complete project weekly SHEQ Audits
- Discuss SHEQ site performance with Site Teams. Agree actions to be taken.
- Liaise with Client representatives and attend meetings as required.
- Assist as required site teams with contract reviews.
- Report and Investigate incidents
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
Ability and knowledge of:ac
- OHS Best Practice
- Microsoft Packages
- 5 years Construction Health & Safety experience in Ireland or the UK
For more information and to be considered for this position, please forward a full CV to [email protected] or call me on 087 448 4950