An excellent opportunity has arisen for a qualified Accountant to join the experienced accounting team at one of Ireland’s leading construction contractors. Our client is an international construction company which specialises in the design of high value interior working environments for the life sciences, microelectronics, technology, and commercial sectors.
- Lead Accountant for one of our Irish corporate entities
- Produce accurate and timely monthly financial information ensuring consistency of financial reporting, providing detailed supporting schedules.
- Review and approval of bank & intercompany reconciliations each month.
- Preparation of weekly & monthly cashflow forecasts
- Assist in the preparation of monthly commercial finance reports.
- Preparation and posting of monthly journals recurring journal such as accruals, prepayments etc
- Preparation on VAT & RCT returns
- Preparation on Intrastat returns
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
- Support the Group Finance Manager in producing consolidated annual budgets for the Group.
- Ensure accuracy of Debtor and Creditor’s ledger.
- Support the Group Finance Manager in the annual external audits
Essential qualifications and experience:
- ACA or ACCA Qualified accountant, with 3+ years’ experience post qualification in Ireland or the UK is essential
- Strong financial reporting experience. For example, experience in the preparation or auditing of financial statements
- Commercially astute with strong analytical skillset with ability to draw meaningful information from the data
- Experience performing audits or preparing for and dealing with audit queries.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to develop working relationships with both the finance and commercial teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel.
- Experience within a main construction contractor an advantage, but not essential
- Experience with cost accounting an advantage but not essential
This is a genuinely excellent opportunity to join an already successful team that offers a highly competitive salary/package and flexible and hybrid working hours. If you wish to be considered for this role then please send a full and updated CV to [email protected] or you can call me on 087 448 4950