An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Foreperson to join a well-established construction contractor based in Galway. The ideal candidate will be someone with refurbishment experience on large scale projects. You will a hands-on role approach to be able to manage the tradesmen on site and show acute organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) “end to end”.
- Organise labour and scheduling
- Ensure the quality of work on site is always up to the best possible standard
- Be responsible for support in sourcing materials and ensuring minimal wastage on site.
- Liaise with planning and building control
- Have a great understanding on various aspects of residential building specifically HMO, from foundations to plumbing all the way to decorating
- Getting all targets met and hit on time
- Ensures project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored
- Provide timely weekly reports to the directors in an agreed format.
Key Personal Attributes/Skills:
- The ideal candidate needs to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Site Foreperson on large scale refurbishment projects in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible, with good attention to detail and demanding a high-quality level from themselves and colleagues
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to influence and quickly understand business and technical concepts
- Exceptional organisations skills including ability to organise self and others
- Good working knowledge level of MS Excel and the rest of the MS Office Suite.
If you are interested in learning more then please forward your current CV to [email protected] or you can call me on 087 448 4950