PJ Personnel are currently recruiting for a leading Irish Civil Engineering contractor who currently require an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work as part of their Bid team based in Arklow, Co. Wicklow.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Bid Manager to ensure the smooth running of the bid process including preliminary design, programs, and technical proposal compilation.
- Review of Tender documents on receipt to ensure their completeness, take-part in bid initiation & GO/NO GO assessment.
- Co-ordination and preparation of bid including follow-up, collection of inputs from various suppliers, sub-contractors, or 3rd parties i.e., equipment supply proposals.
- Preparation of supporting proposal documentation for the bid including technical proposals, equipment selection information, project delivery & management plans including resources & preliminary project programmes.
- Work in an organised system to deliver tender proposals within stringent timelines.
- Assist in program planning, analysis, and updates.
- Assist Bid Manager in other various departmental development work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar role is preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team and provide input at team meetings.
- Minimum of a Level 7 Degree in a relevant QS Qualification.
- Ability to engage with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise during tender compilation.
- Good working knowledge of MS packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Strong communications skills with a high level of motivation.
- Strong organisation and time keeping/scheduling skills.
If you would like to be considered for this position and feel that you have the required experience and skill set then please forward a full, updated CV to [email protected] or you can call me on 087 448 4950