We are currently working alongside a leading Civils Contractor in recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor based on site in South County Wicklow.
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in quantity surveying or construction economics as well as 2 to 5 years’ experience within the civil engineering construction sector, including but not limited to water/wastewater infrastructure, concrete works, site infrastructure, services, and structures.
The suitable candidate will be enthusiastic and flexible and will possess: Excellent report writing and communication skills; Working knowledge of MS Office products and construction industry estimating software such as Conquest; Familiarity with contracts (Public Works Contracts, FIDIC); and will be Commercially astute with strong numerical skills, demonstrating an attention to detail.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assistance in procurement;
- Preparation of cost estimates;
- Undertaking Project QS role on small to medium sized projects;
- Contract administration and post-contract role;
- Visiting sites and attending meetings;
- Liaison with the design team, client, local approving authorities, contractors and other third parties as required;
- Maintaining quality standard
- Record keeping and Site Allocation detailing
If you would like to be considered for this role and feel that you have the required experience and skill set then please send your CV to [email protected] or call me on 087 448 4950