Our client is becoming one of Ireland’s fastest growing Construction companies, specialising in various sectors within the multi-disciplinary industry.
As a Purchasing/Office Administrator you will work collaboratively with the finance team and the Quantity Surveyors to deliver high quality projects within budget and in most cost-effective manner for the company and client.
- Working with management and accounts team to agree materials, labour and plant packages successfully.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate on behalf of the company to maximise financial efficiency.
- Obtaining quotes, placing orders, ensuring agreed rates and terms are set up with suppliers and agreeing rates to maximise financial efficiency.
- Procuring building materials, processing purchase orders through purchasing software and following through to payment stage.
- Liaising with suppliers in relation to deliveries and order dates
- Interacting with Project teams regarding purchasing and supplier queries.
- Liaising with suppliers and accounts payable team, managing material budgets and resolving invoicing queries.
- Procuring and hiring plant required on site including cabins, forklifts, fencing, transport etc.
- Procuring PPE and office equipment.
- Managing plant & equipment movement.
- Resolve account queries with suppliers that the accounts department have failed to resolve through normal procedures.
- Report on procurement to MD and management team monthly
- Comply with QEHS policies and procedures and ensure that documentation complies with ISO requirements.
- Assisting the estimating department with obtaining pre tender quotations and resolving material specification issues.
- General purchasing administration as required.
- 3+ years’ experience in a buying/purchasing role, ideally in construction.
- Proficient in purchasing management software
- Third level qualification in procurement/supply chain/business would be advantageous.
- Accuracy working with numbers and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team in a fast-paced office environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills with ability to generate detailed reports.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines.
If you wish to be considered for this position then please forward a full, updated CV to [email protected] or you can call me on 087 448 4950ac