A Mechanical Engineer required to join a market leading Mechanical & Electrical Contractor based in Dublin. The successful Mechanical Engineer will be involved in a number of large, prestigious projects based in Dublin and Wicklow
As a member of the Engineering team the Mechanical Engineer will be tasked with coordinating the successful delivery of a number of interesting projects within Dublin initially however this role will in time give the successful individual the opportunity to further develop their career with this well-established organisation into a more senior management function.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Support the Project Manager
- Provide Technical Support to the construction team.
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings for construction and to coordinate between contractors to ensure services fit.
- Maintain a set of redline drawings showing progress & changes.
- Prepare as- built drawings for inclusion in the Operations & Maintenance manual.
- Monitor and expedite equipment deliveries.
- Prepare & keep up to date the delivery schedule to control deliveries.
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system.
- Manage sub-contractors including the commissioning progress reports.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments (with the construction team) for production activities.
- Prepare test packs for recording the completion of systems.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging.
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information & drawings using the document control system.
- Compile an Operations & Maintenance manual for handover to the client.
- Prepare valuations for submittal to the client on a monthly basis
- Carry out measures of work completed and prepare productivity (S/E)reports
- A degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years previous experience mechanical/building construction working for a recognised M&E Contractor or Main Contractor in Ireland or the UK
- Experience in wastewater sector would be highly advantageous.
- Experience using 3D AutoCAD is advantageous but not essential.
For more information, please send your CV to me at [email protected] or call me on 087 448 4950.