PJ Personnel are working alongside a leading Irish Construction Contractor in recruiting a Health & Safety Officer to be based in Cork City.
- Liaise with external bodies including the Health and Safety Executive, Clients and other stakeholders as directed by the SHE Manager.
- Arrange and facilitate employee H&S committee meetings and safety stand downs as appropriate.
- Attend, support and represent H&S at operational meetings.
- Support with the cascading of relevant H&S information and updates.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of legislation and any developments that affect the industry.
- Produce reports on work/projects/activities carried out.
- Minimum 3 years’ previous experience as a Health & Safety Officer in a construction environment in Ireland or the UK.
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of safety behaviour, leading by example, promoting safety culture
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to manage potential conflict during site inspections with operational teams
- Capable of delivering confident articulate presentations
- Good time management skills and able to work to deadlines
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Relevant Degree or equivalent
- NEBOSH (General or Construction Certificate)
If you feel that you have the required skill set then please send your CV to [email protected] or call me on 087 448 4950