We are currently working with one of Ireland’s largest Civils Contractors in recruiting a Civils Estimator in Castlebar, Co. Mayo. The Estimator is required to work within a highly motivated team, delivering both Design & Build and Traditional bids covering a range of civil disciplines including highways, energy, waste water, water and waste management, industrial and commercial projects. The Successful Candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative, but proactively with a team to produce detailed and competitive tender submissions. The Estimator must have prior experience pricing projects from €0.5m up to €100m, with a min. of 5 years’ experience.
- Responsible for the preparation of the tender with assistance from the pre-construction team.
- Upon receipt of tender documents, review and prepare a report, including tender deliverables.
- Undertake a site inspection and prepare a report. Compile an appropriate risk register and update accordingly.
- Prepare and send out Tender enquiries to supply chain and review quotations received.
- Prepare Tender sum analysis, priced document/Bill of Quantities. Cross check/take off quantities from drawings as required.
- Attend, both internal and external tender review meetings with the procurement team.
- Liaise with Design Consultants to obtain design information and review value engineering proposals/construction processes.
- Prepare post tender valuation of submission to the construction team.
- File tender documentation in accordance with the company procedure.
- Attend handover meeting to brief the construction team
- Review production analysis and update.
- Appropriate Academic and Construction Qualification, with detailed civil engineering knowledge.
- Good communication skills to communicate with all members of the preconstruction/procurement team, Clients, Consultants and Directors.
- Membership of a professional institution.
- Proven estimating experience in civil engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in estimating.
- Preferable experience in Civils projects
- Previous Experience with Evaluate estimating software would be preferable but not essential.
- Previous Experience with sage software would also be preferable but not essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft
This is a genuine opportunity to join an already successful team and to develop your career further so if you feel that you have the required skill set and experience then please send you CV to [email protected] or you can call me on 093 30023