PJ Personnel are seeking to recruit a number of people at Foreman grade with a strong Civils background based in West Dublin. Suitable applicants will have experience in Highway Environmental Works, Utilities, Heavy Civils, Marine and delivering reinforced concrete structures. Exposure to bridge construction also would be advantageous.
The successful candidates will primarily be involved in the daily inspection of the quality of the work completed onsite. Along with the Senior Management team and Site Agent, will initiate continuous improvements to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget. This will ensure the customers’ expectations are met, whilst aligning activities within industry standards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Inspect the site and ensure it is in satisfactory condition for the safe execution of works.
- Comply and maintain systems for managing site health and safety.
- Supervise direct employees and subcontractors.
- Form a strong working relationship with the Site Agent and work collaboratively on initial site set up, ensuring company systems and procedures are adhered to.
- Attend and chair daily ‘Toolbox Talks.’
- Provide weekly progress reports to Senior Management team.
- Motivate the team on site with regular progress updates and notification of changes.
- Manage and coordinate the ordering, storage and use of plant and materials.
- Be responsible for the economic use of labour, plant and subcontract resources and achievement of required quality within any environmental constraints.
- Provide data and records for plant materials and labour with the Quantity Surveyor and Site Management team to maximise profitability and maintain budgets.
- Working conditions
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Foreman on civils projects in Ireland or the UK
- An appropriate and valid Safe Pass
- Full Driving License.
- First Aid at Work would be advantageous
- Passionate about construction and building, with good career continuity.
- Sound knowledge of latest building regulations.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office packages.
These are genuine opportunities so if you feel that you have the required experience and skill set then please apply today to [email protected] or you can call me on 087 448 4950