PJ Personnel are currently looking for an experienced Contracts Managers based in Galway. The Contracts Manager reports directly to the Managing Director but will also be expected to interact with the board of Directors and Senior Management team. Taking responsibility for multiple projects, working closely with the project and commercial teams and supply chain to deliver a quality product and service to clients in line with project goals and company ethos. Fundamental to the business is ensuring quality, safety, environmental, programme and financial targets are achieved. Just as important is the production of reports and the effective communication with all those involved in the project
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide technical support at tender stage and throughout the negotiation and conversion stages, including attendance at tender interviews and client presentations as required.
- To take responsibility for the successful completion of assigned projects, advising on all aspects of construction works, including conducting the works, methods of construction, build and design and identification and resolution of potential issues etc.
- To take the lead in the design management and review on design and build projects.
- To manage the construction team on assigned projects, including their recruitment, performance management, training and development.
- To manage the allocation of trades and labour, employed and sub-contracted – ensuring efficient and cost-effective use of resources on assigned projects.
- To ensure adherence to the Health Safety and Environmental policies and ensure safe systems of work are planned and implemented on assigned projects.
- To ensure the adherence to the companies quality procedures including production of the project quality plan and completion of the necessary project documentation.
- To ensure detailed project programmes are drawn up and adhered to on all assigned projects and to regularly report progress against these.
- To attend sub-contractor and client meetings as required, ensuring a positive working relationship is established and maintained, acting as an ambassador for the Company at all times.
- To follow up/manage unacceptable sub-contract/supplier performance and keeping the project team informed of poor performance.
- To Support and ensure that objectives are planned and implemented on site, attending audit meetings.
Key Competencies required:
- A team player with proven leadership, motivation and negotiation skills.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role in Ireland or the UK, preferably with a main contractor
- Effective communicator at all levels, both verbal and in writing – with ability to develop positive relationships and present well.
- Ability to plan, programme, monitor progress and achieve targets.
- Positive attitude to health and safety and willingness to strive for improvement throughout the business.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Computer literate
- Able to prepare professional correspondence and reports as required.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a willingness to take responsibility, resolve issues and take decisions, a competent problem solver.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and rapidly expanding contractor so if you feel that you have the required skill set then please apply now at [email protected] or call me on 00353 448 4950.