PJ Personnel are working with a leading Civil Engineering Contractor who require a Civil Foreman for projects in the Cork area. This role would ideally suit someone who is Cork based.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibility for day to day running of contracts including but not limited to:
- Management & co‐ordination of all works on site
- Ensure the site diary is completed accurately and compile photographic records
- Timely ordering of materials to carry out works
- Liaising with Estimator/PM to highlight any unforeseen costs and additional works
- Read and implement construction drawings on site
- Implement temporary works designs
- Implement best practice and company policy in health, safety, environmental and quality matters in conjunction with the HSEQ department.
- Ensure only competent personnel are used to carry out works on the project
- Ensure all site personnel have clear, accurate and appropriate information to carry out their duties.
- Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the contract requirements using the appropriate agreed RAMS
- Co‐ordination and supervision of Sub‐contractors and monitor the performance works carried out
- Implementation and supervision of Traffic Management Plans on live carriageways
- SOLAS Safe Pass
- Degree in Construction Management or equivalent desirable
- Managing Safely in Construction/SMSTS ‐ 5day course
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- 5 years Irish/UK experience
- Experience with pipelines, RC work and temporary works an advantage
- Proactive, problem solving attitude
- Developing risk assessments, method statements, inspection & test plans
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good planning and organisation skills
If you wish to be considered for this position then please forward your current CV to [email protected] or you can call me on 087 448 4950.