We currently seek an experienced Civils Site Engineer to work with our client based in Co. Cork.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Report to Project Manager/Contracts Manager.
- Setting out of works on site – must be competent & experienced in the use of Total Station, GPS, & Levelling instruments.
- Implement best practice and company policy in health, safety, environmental and quality matters in conjunction with the HSEQ department.
- Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the contract health, safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- Review latest issue construction drawings &documents for discrepancies and errors.
- Highlight any technical issues and & provide information for RFI’s and queries to PM.
- Liaising with Estimator/QS to provide accurate measure of completed works for valuation purposes.
- Accurate recording of additional works & variations that may arise.
- Carry out quality inspections in accordance with company policy and ensure accurate records of same are maintained.
- Ensure all site operatives have clear, accurate and appropriate information to carry out their duties.
- Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the contract requirements using the appropriate agreed RAMS
- Supervision & performance management of direct operatives and sub‐
- Ensure an accurate site diary is completed daily, and that photographic records of progress & delays are captured and maintained on a daily basis.
- Ensure daily allocation sheets are completed in a timely manner.
- Recognised degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management or equivalent
- SOLAS Safe Pass
- Additional training in HSQE related disciplines is desirable.
- Minimum 2/3 years’ experience in a similar role in Ireland or the UK?
- Experience with pipelines, RC work and temporary works an advantage
- Proactive, problem solving attitude
- Developing risk assessments, method statements, inspection & test plans
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good planning and organisation skills
For more information please send an up to date CV to [email protected] or call me on 087 448 4950.