***** THERE IS A RELOCATION PACKAGE ON OFFER WITH THIS ROLE *****
PJ Personnel currently seek an experienced Manufacturing Engineer responsible for generation of project plans, budgets, timelines, etc. as well as daily support to manufacturing and the Engineering Department. The candidate will be capable of being part of, or leading cross functional project teams and liaising with other key personnel including senior management so as to ensure the successful completion of improvement and/or new product projects.
- Lead complex projects from initial concept to final validation.
- Planning, budgeting and leading of continuous improvement and/or new product/process-based projects.
- Continually assess and review day to day manufacturing issues/practises, and strive for improvement by analysing, developing and implementing solutions that are in compliance with Company, FDA and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all products/processes are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements/best practise.
- Capable of working independently and leading project teams or working as part of an overall project team on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions.
- Capable of planning, organising and providing direction to other team members including engineers, technicians and production personnel, as required.
- Provide input and direction to management on various technical issues.
- Generates ECO’s (Engineering Change Orders), protocols, reports and prototypes under broad direction.
- Using AutoCAD, Solid Works or similar design package, create technical specifications as required.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in an Engineering discipline e.g. Mechatronics, Mechanical, Biomedical or equivalent, with at least 3 years previous related experience in a Medical device or similar industry.
- Good working knowledge of processes’ like Centreless Grinding; Point Coil Winding and other “Coiled Guide wire” assembly processes and materials would be an advantage.
- Experience dealing with, and managing Cross functional teams including Marketing, Production, Clinical and Regulatory personnel, to develop and implement solutions over a wide and varied scope.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrated analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project, Excel, Word etc. or similar.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Medical Device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
- Demonstrated experience of applying Lean tools/Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes & performance with good working knowledge of applying 5S and TPM programs. Green Belt or Black Belt certification an advantage.
If you would like to be considered for this position then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call me on 093 30023