€Neg + Package
PJ Personnel are actively working alongside a leading Tier 1 Build and Civil main contractor. Due to their continuous growth, they are actively seeking an experienced Estimator to join their Midwest based team on a permanent basis.
The Estimator is required to work within a highly motivated team, delivering both Design & Build and Traditional bids covering a range of civil disciplines including highways, energy, waste water, water and waste management, industrial and commercial projects.
- Responsible for the preparation of the tender with assistance from the pre-construction team.
- Upon receipt of tender documents, review and prepare a report, including tender deliverables.
- Undertake a site inspection and prepare a report. Compile an appropriate risk register and update accordingly.
- Prepare and send out Tender enquiries to supply chain and review quotations received
- Prepare Tender sum analysis, priced document/Bill of Quantities. Cross check/take off quantities from drawings as required.
- Attend, both internal and external, tender review meetings with the procurement team.
- Liaise with Design Consultants to obtain design information and review value engineering proposals/construction processes.
- Prepare post tender valuation of submission to the construction team.
- File tender documentation in accordance with the company procedure.
- Attend handover meeting to brief the construction team.
- Review production analysis and update.
- The Successful Candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative, but proactively with a team to produce detailed and competitive tender submissions. The Estimator must have prior experience pricing projects from €0.5m up to €100m.
- Appropriate Academic and Construction Qualification, with detailed civil engineering knowledge.
- Good communication skills to communicate with all members of the pre-construction/procurement team, Clients, Consultants and Directors.
- Membership of a professional institution.
- Proven estimating experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in estimating
- Previous experience with Evaluate estimating software would be preferable but not essential.
- Previous Experience with safe software would also be preferable but not essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
To register your interest in this position, please forward a copy of your latest cv to Sarah or call me today on 093 30029 to discuss further.